You can also download the regulation to read them offline
2017 Regulations Short Movies (pdf download)
REGULATIONS “KIMERA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL 2017 – The Night of the Living Shorts year 15 – SHORT MOVIES SECTION”
1) The festival is open to competitors from all-over the world, with no exceptions
2) Is possible to send the works in different ways:
a) DVD: in that case has to be a DVD PAL-NTSC Zone 0 or 2 (different requisites will be cause of exclusion);
b) USB Key: in that case has to be an .avi or .mp4 HD format compatible with Adobe Premiere CS3 and readable in win/mac mode over an USB key (The key will not gave back in any case and the lack of any requisite will be cause of exclusion);
c) Streaming: in that case the file has to be readable from win/mac and must be available on line from October the 31st 2016 to May the 15th 2017 (The lack of any requisite will be cause of exclusion);
d) Download: in that case must be given only the link for a cloud downloading and the file has to be an .avi or .mp4 HD format, not bigger than 2,5 GB, compatible with Adobe Premiere CS3 and readable in win/mac mode and has to be available on line from October the 31st 2016 to May the 15th 2017 (The lack of any requisite will be cause of exclusion – DO NOT ATTACH THE FILE TO EMAILS this will be a cause of exclusion too);
3) In case of DVD sending, the movies sent for the pre-selection must be given with a printed box with, at least, the indication of Director, Country of Origin, Duration and Main Characters. These information must be, anyway, reported even also on the entry form.
4) The works received will be not returned in any case.
5) The works not in Italian, MUST be subtitled, obligatorily, in Italian or in English, even if they are in spoken English. The lack of subtitling will be a cause of exclusion. The excluded works will be not returned.
6) The short has to be sent with a dialogue list in English (formats . doc or .txt) in digital format. Printed dialogue lists will be not accepted.
7) Every DVD or file must be followed by its properly and full-filled entry form.
8) The movies sent in selection must be followed by five (5) pics (color &/or B/W) taken from the work (not directly from the copy) and two (2) director’s pictures (color or B/W). This pics must be sent over a CD-Rom or put in a folder on line or over the USB Key (JPG or TIFF format, dimensions between 5 & 50 MB, resolution 400-900 dpi). Are also required, but only in case of selection for the final, two paper posters (minimum size A3 – smaller formats will be not accepted) and file with the poster image (also in the same CD-Rom/folder) with the maximum size of 200 MB in JPG or TIFF format.
9) The maximum length of the works has to be 20’ (twenty minutes – from first frame to the last one of the end credit rolls). Longest runtimes (even for one second) will be not accepted and the works will be not even watched.
10) The works with an incomplete entry form (or without it at all) will be excluded from the competition.
11) The preselections will be done by the associated to “Kimera Cineclub”.
12) The author has to write, in the entry form, if the movie is or was in other festival and the (if there are any) result of this participation.
13) The call for entries will be October the 31st 2016 and the deadline will be February the 14th 2017. To know the date of expedition, will be exanimated the postal mark or the email date and hour in the Italian fuse (GMT +1). The expedition expenses will be in full charge of producers &/or authors even including custom office charghes.
14) At the end of preselections, will be compiled a standing, published on the KIFF Facebook page. The works with the highest votes will achieve the finals. Approximately 23 shorts will be admitted into the finals (15 fiction; 5 Animation; 3 Social Committed Shorts).
15) The authors &/or producers of the finalists movies will be contacted, via e-mail, starting from the 20th of April 2017.
16) It will be the Festival Organization that will contact the directors etc., sending, via e-mail, the partial and final results. So, e-mails that will arrive, from authors, directors, producers etc., without any solicitation from the organizations will be not taken in consideration.
17) For short-movies are planned three (3) sections:
a) Animation: works done by complete or prevalent use of animation (traditional, CGI or any other kind), that have a subject not included in the § 17.c point of this regulations.
b) Fiction: no-animation works that have a subject not included in the § 17.c point of this regulations.
c) Social committed shorts: all kind of works (animation or fiction) that have the express purpose to give more sensibility on subjects like: discrimination, racism, violence, social discomfort, inequality, work, women’s conditions, underage diseases and similar. If the opera will be of uneasy collocation, the section of competition will be choose by the organizers. Works of this section will compete for the “Art. 3 Cost.” Prize, given by one of the sponsors of the Festival.
18) There are no money prizes.
19) A Selected International Jury, will value the finalists giving the prizes for:
a) 1st Prize of the Jury – Fiction;
b) 2nd Prize of the Jury – Fiction;
c) Special Mention of the Jury – all sections;
d) 1st Prize of the Jury – Animation;
e) “Art. 3 Cost.” Prize;
f) Best Actor Award – all sections;
g) Best Actress Award – all sections;
h) Best Director Award – all sections.
20) The Final Evenings Audience will give the prizes for:
a) Audience Award – Fiction;
b) Audience Award – Animation.
21) Festival’s Final Nights will take place in Termoli (Molise – Italy) in the “Scalinata del Folclore” (or another Open Air Location), from May the 30th to June the 3rd 2017 (indicatively).
22) The screening format, for the final evenings, could be the original (DVD or Blu-Ray), especially if the director will be in the theatre. The original support must be sent only if asked by the Festival. Unsolicited expeditions, will be full (round-trip) in charge of authors or directors or producers.
23) For video supports is obligatory the PAL codification.
24) The movies selected for the final evenings, in order to be better understood by the International Jury, must be subtitled at least in English.
25) The Festival organization takes the best attention in the care and custody of the works received for the final evenings, but it takes no charges or responsibility for stealing, losing or damages suffered by them from the arrival moment to the moment of returning.
26) The participation to the competition means that the authors, producers, directors and other involved people, are accepting in full this regulations. The Festival Direction will judge over the undisputed cases and also over new cases not mentioned here.
27) Participating into the competition every author or producer, automatically, takes over himself the liability for the content of its works.